Did you ever notice that many patients who come in to your office for their treatment don’t return?
You spend a small fortune getting them through the door but they are gone after just 1 treatment.
The scary thing is this:
Sometimes, you spend more money bringing in a patient than they generate in revenue.
On the other hand, if they had kept coming in year after year, you know that your monthly revenue would skyrocket.
So the million dollar question is:
Why don’t they come back?
The reason probably is: You don’t have an email autoresponder working for you…
Or if you do, it isn’t set up the right way.
An email autoresponder (think Aweber.com or GetResponse.com) is just a fancy word for a program which periodically sends out emails to people who sign up for it – kind of like a newsletter.
And it does so automatically with zero supervision on your part.
I talk to at least 10-15 dentists every month and only 20% have an autoresponder set up properly.
The vast majority don’t.
So if you would like your patients to visit your dental office at least 2-3 times every year, you have to:
1. Set up an email autoresponder the “right” way.
2. Give your patients a reason to sign up for your autoresponder (free tips on better oral health, discounts, appointment reminders, new treatments etc.)
3. Once they are in, send them 1 educational email every week. Send them 1 email containing testimonials from previous patients once a month. And send them 1 promotional email (discounts available, limited spots, new treatment etc.) every month.
4. Rinse and repeat.
Why does this work so well?
Because when you get them signed up to your email autoresponder:
1. You educate them and ask for nothing in return, dramatically improving the trust factor.
2. You stay in front of them so when they need to visit a dentist, only you come to mind.
3. You send them your promotional offers, giving them a reason to come in at a discounted price.
4. You send them testimonials, increasing social proof.
5. You communicate with them consistently, which is something only 10% of dental offices do. This makes you an authority in their eyes.
If you don’t have an autoresponder set up, you really need to do so.
And if you have one set up, it is probably set up the wrong way (statistically speaking).
In either scenario, you are losing anywhere between $10,000 to $45,000 in revenue per month (depending on the current success of your practice).
I’d go so far as to say that when you consistently use your autoresponder to educate & stay in touch with your patients, you can expect your monthly revenue to double in 9-12 months.
If you have any questions about setting up autoresponders, just hit “Reply” and send me a quick email.
Founder of Promote Dental
Find me on [Facebook] [LinkedIn]